Is Online School the Right Fit?
About Online School
Thank you for considering eCADEMY K8 for the 2023-2024 school year.
We want you to have the information you need to make the right choice for your child and family. This checklist will help you decide if full-time online school is the right fit.
Online School is Full-time, Real School that includes:
- Real grade-level learning outcomes
- Real academic workload
- Real assessment
- Real teachers
What APS Provides:
- Comprehensive curriculum
- New Mexico certified teachers
- Student/ teacher ratio that is the same as face-to-face classes.
What Families Should Know:
- Full-time, online school is truly a family lifestyle
- Each student must have an adult with the dedicated time and motivation to fill the role of learning coach
- Time commitment is approximately 30-35 hours per week, but will vary from student to student, depending on each student’s age and ability to work independently
- Learning coaches should expect to dedicate learning time daily as follows:
- Grades K-2: Up to 7 hours per day
- Grades 3-5: Up to 7 hours per day
- Grades 6-8: Up to 6 hours per day
- Learning time includes online lessons, real-time meeting with the teacher, and offline activities
- Daily attendance in online and real-time digital lessons is required
How Students Will Benefit:
- Demonstrate persistence through working on tasks through completion
- Ask for help when needed
- Demonstrate age-appropriate organizational skills
- Curious and interested in learning new things
- Demonstrate age-appropriate focus and attention
For additional information, please see the Family Role Details Page.