Devices and WiFi
eCademy K8 is responsible for replacing and helping troubleshoot APS Chromebooks. If you need to replace a Chromebook, please come to our office during office hours. If you need to troubleshoot a Chromebook, please contact Philip Olona at email@example.com.
Do students have to use an APS Chromebook? Yes. APS Chromebooks are designed to minimize login conflicts and directly connect to many APS resources. Their standard functionality is relied upon by our teachers when they design activities for students. Finally, when we have to troubleshoot issues, we are often unable to offer solutions for personal devices. We strongly and respectfully ask the you check out and use an APS 2-1 Chromebook.
CHROMEBOOK MAINTENANCE AND SAFETY
Students, now that you have your Chromebook issued to you for home use, it is important to maintain it so it is ready when you need it.
- Keep your Chromebook updated - Chromebook update tutorial
- Do not clean your screen with paper towels, napkins, facial tissue or common household cleaners.
- Do not spray cleaner directly on the surface of your device. Never spray the keyboard!
- If you need to clean your device, use a soft, lint free, microfiber cloth. Spray the cloth with a computer safe cleaner.
- If possible, keep the device in a case or soft bag when not in use to protect from dust and prevent scratches/drops.
- Only use appropriate tools to write or draw on device screens, like a finger or stylus.
- If it’s too good to be true, it probably is! Don’t click on links to bait you in!
- Password should not be shared and no one else should sign into a Chromebook (these are School devices, not personal devices)
- Parents and Guardians - Monitor your student's use at home! Check the browsing history and student accounts. Families have the right and SHOULD limit screen use outside of school hours.
- Monitor student email and chat. Any bullying, illegal activity, or sexually explicit content will be tracked and monitored at all times. Inappropriate use may result in disciplinary actions.
- Internet content filtering is still in place outside of school hours and over the summer. You may use your device for fun or educational purposes, but all of your activity can be tracked and monitored at all times, as it is still an APS issued device.
Chromebook Maintenance and Care
DO NOT repair a Chromebook on your own. There will be no replacements over the summer.
- Don't expose the battery to extreme temps. Don’t leave your Chromebook in the car, outside, or in the sun. Even a sunny window inside can heat up your Chromebook too much.
- Don’t charge the Chromebook under your pillow or anywhere else it can get hot.
- Don't leave a Chromebook on the floor- especially with siblings or pets. Don't keep your device on or in your bed.
- Make sure your Chromebook is on a stable surface to prevent falls and drops.
- Shut down your Chromebook when not using it. Closing the lid of the Chromebook does not shut it down. Regularly shutting down the device ensures it can run necessary updates.
- Keep track of your Chromebook!! Don't leave it where others can get it!
- Don't place a heavy object on top of the Chromebook!
- Don't carry a Chromebook by the screen.
- Keep devices away from liquids (including swimsuits and towels)
- Do not install or uninstall apps.
- Do not remove any labels or stickers from the Chromebook (APS labels)
- Do not put your own stickers on the device.